Deadline: August 31, 2020
Calling all youth (under 26) taking action on the SDGs! Apply for the World Summit Awards (WSA) Young Innovators 2020. The WSA Young Innovators is a special call within the framework of WSA, that promotes and awards young social entrepreneurs.
The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young people under 26 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). The World Summit Awards promotes and awards also young innovators, who developed a digital application tackling the UN SDGs.
Together with the WSA winners of each year, the Young Innovators are honored as outstanding digital innovation with social impact.
The World Summit Awards are a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. This means that winners benefit not from a one time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
- Invitation to the WSA Global Congress 2020 in Vienna including:
- Pitching seminars
- 4 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
- Workshops specially shaped for the winners needs
- A videoclip highlighting the winners projects
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
- Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
The participation in the WSA Young Innovators is open to young citizens of all UN member states – any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team can apply. at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team must be under the age of 26 (born on or after January 1, 1994).
The WSA Young Innovators call is eligible for projects that:
- Are developed by young innovators under the age of 26
- Offer digital solutions to any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Deliver content-rich digital solutions to the user including individuals, businesses, and organisations
- have a strong digital component: websites, apps, SMS based solutions, IoT, wearables etc.
- are market ready or already launched on the market – no ideas or concepts are eligible
- Submissions for the WSA Young Innovators can contain all mobile and web-based projects, such as: apps, web pages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, SMS based products, games and interactive productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- All submissions have to be launched products. No drafts, ideas or unfinished projects can be accepted.
Please read the Rules and Conditions section carefully before applying.
For more information, visit WSA Young Innovators.