Deadline: April 30, 2020
Applications are open for the MyGov COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge 2020. MyGov had launched COVID-19 Solution Challenge on its platform which has seen a very encouraging response from startups, entrepreneurs and individuals proposing technology solutions in the field of bioinformatics, datasets, apps for diagnosis etc that can be leveraged for strengthening the fight against Corona.
In order to support and promote women entrepreneurs and women led startups as also solutions by entrepreneurs impacting a large number of women, UN Women has proposed to partner with MyGov COVID-19 Solution Challenge and accordingly MyGov launches COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge as an additional reward and support for women entrepreneurs and solutions by entrepreneurs impacting a large number of women.
- A total prize money of INR 2,250,000 has been committed by UN Women towards COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge, under their program WeEmpowerAsia, supported by the European Union.
- Applicants who want to participate in COVID 19 Solution Challenge can be individuals or Startups that comply with the definition of startup as notified by DPIIT vide order no G.S.R. 127(E) dated February 19, 2019.
- For the product to be developed as part of COVID 19 Solution Challenge, if any IPR/Patent is being used, contesting entity must possess the legitimate rights to use the IPR/Patents.
Terms and Conditions
- Only Women Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurs with solutions impacting a large number of women will be eligible for the Prizes sponsored by the UN Women. In case of a tie-on scores, women entrepreneurs of startups led by women will get preference.
- The Participants should be Citizens of India.
- Only Organizations or Entities registered in India would be eligible for COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge.
First Stage: Ideation Stage: At the Ideation Stage, 10 entrepreneurs will be selected based on the following parameters:
- Relevance to the subject matter
- Impact on society i.e. how helpful is the solution in combating the current crisis
Second Stage: POC Stage: Based on the POC, the solutions submitted will again be evaluated on the following parameters:
- Ease of deployment/roll-out
- Potential risks involved in implementation of the solution
All applications must be submitted by the last day of entries, that is April 30, 2020. Late entries will not be considered.
For more information, visit MyGov COVID-19 Shri Shakti Challenge.