Deadline: May 30, 2020
The U.S. Embassy Algiers is pleased to announce the opening of the Fulbright Foreign Student Program Competition for the 2021-2022 academic year. The Fulbright Program enables Algerian students to pursue graduate-level study in the United States of America.
Participants also have the unique opportunity to experience life in the United States and share Algeria’s unique culture and traditions with Americans. Participants are chosen through a merit-based, open competition in which leadership potential, academic excellence and ability to adjust to life in the U.S. are all considered.
Fulbright Grants provide funding for:
- Tuition and required fees for graduate study in the U.S.
- Book and equipment allowances
- Monthly Stipend for room & board
- Supplemental health and accident coverage plan
- Opportunities to participate in Fulbright Enrichment Programs
- Applicants must be an Algerian citizen; individuals of other nationalities cannot apply in Algeria.
- U.S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply
- Must reside in country throughout the application, selection and placement process.
- Must have two years of professional work experience (optional)
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (4 years program under the classical system or 5 years program under the LMD system (License plus M1/M2 degrees).
- Must have a strong academic background.
- Must be proficient in English with a minimum TOEFL IBT score of 92 or an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (no single band under 6).
- Preference is given to students who have little or no previous experience studying or living in the United States.
Applicants will be required to submit along with the online application:
- Translated academic transcripts and diplomas along with copies of the original documents. Translated documents must be done by a sworn translation office.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores no more than two years old and GRE General Score. The GMAT score is required for applicants applying for MBA programs only.
- An up-to-date CV detailing all prior education and work experience.
- Three letters of reference. If letters of reference are in French or Arabic, an official translated version in English is needed.
- A personal statement in English up to 600 words in length.
- A research proposal in English relating to field of study (if applicable).
For more information, visit Fulbright Foreign Student Program.