Deadline: July 13, 2020
Applications are open for the Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) Award 2020. In line with its objectives, the SFIAR runs the annual SFIAR Award. With this award the SFIAR aims to support relevant agricultural research for development and promote knowledge on and visibility of Swiss ARD.
The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) is an informal multi-stakeholder group of Swiss institutions and private individuals interested in agricultural research for development (ARD). Members come from research institutions, NGOs, the private sector, farmers’ organisations and public agencies, as well as individuals.
- The best PhD project wins CHF 5,000 and the best Master thesis project CHF 1,000.
Eligible for the SFIAR Award is research that
- Has been carried out at or in close collaboration with a Swiss institution
- Has involved partners (institutions and/or individuals) located in developing countries
- Has been completed preferably no longer than three years ago (for Master’s Thesis Award: master’s thesis submitted preferably not longer than 18 months ago).
A selection committee of at least three SFIAR experts will review the submissions (based on the 2 pages research summary only) and select the best proposal. If four or less submissions are received, the committee may decide not to make an award that year. The SFIAR members endorse the
recommendation by the selection committee, if they do not have a valid challenge.
The main selection criteria are:
- Research quality
- Demonstration of potential for development impact
- Compliance with criteria defined under “Scope”
Applicants have to fill in the attached application form and provide the research summary (maximum 2 pages including illustrations) and the other documents mentioned on the form in English, French or German. Applications that do not meet the formal requirements will not be considered.
For more information, visit SFIAR Award.