Deadline: June 5, 2020
Applications are open for the Orange Social Venture Prize in Africa and the Middle East 2020. Having become a benchmark contest, the Orange Social Venture Prize in Africa and the Middle East (POESAM) is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
Every year, it rewards the best technological projects with a positive impact in Africa and the Middle East. The competition is organised in two stages: first a national competition in 17 countries; then an international jury chooses the Grand Prix winners.
- National competition: Each project submitted will participate in the national competition of its country of origin (the country is identified by the participant when the project is submitted on the Site). Each country organizes a national jury that nominates up to three (3) national winners.
- International competition: These three (3) national winners will participate automatically, without the need to redeposit their respective project, at the Grand Prix (Orange MEA Competition) and the grand jury designates the 3 grand prize winners of the Grand Prix Orange Social Venture Prize Africa/Middle East.
For the international Grand-Prix awards are the following:
- 1st prize: the payment of an amount of €25,000;
- 2nd prize: the payment of an amount of €15,000;
- 3rd prize: the payment of an amount of €10,000;
- One women award: the payment of an amount of €20,000
- One 10th year special award: the payment of an amount of €10,000
- Open to natural persons aged over 21 years at the date of the initiation of the Competition.
Excluded from the Competition participation are:
- Natural persons of less than 21 years at the date of the launch of the Competition;
- Legal persons who have exercised their activity for over three years on the day on which the Competition is initiated;
- Persons having conceded rights to their Project
- Persons having collaborated directly in the organisation of the Competition (such as personnel of the Orange group belonging to the CSR MEA and Partnerships departments, the members of the subsidiaries in Africa and the Middle-East participating in the organisation of the Prize and Innovacom personnel);
- The professionals of the national juries as well as the jury members of the international Grand Prix and their families;
- Natural or legal person without personal bank account.
For more information, visit Orange Social Venture Prize.