About the Organisation
Niti Manthan is an initiative to motivate and inspire young students on various socio-legal themes and to guide them to traverse the righteous path throughout the endeavour of their personal and professional lives. By having a direct interaction and by exchange of views with experienced legal minds and researching, conceptualizing and correspondingly reporting according to the selected avenue given below. Niti Manthan currently functions in the areas of legal blogs, internships, e-classes, Research centres, certificate courses and lecture series.
About the Summer School and online internships
After a successful venture last year, where Niti Manthan had 225 students from 26 law schools across India; and we undertook 11 research projects in the fields of intersection of law and other facets of society including politics, sociology, policy, psychology and philosophy, in 2020, we were looking forward to have a residential summer school in the month of June. Amidst this pandemic and lockdown, the plan seems difficult to execute. Nevertheless, the learning process shall continue, it has been decided that only the ‘residential’ criteria would undergo a change; the research projects and sessions would remain the same.
Niti Manthan Summer School and Online Internship Program, 2020 was designed to be in 2 phases. The first phase (Phase-I) of the Internship programme commenced from 27th April’2020 and was entirely a work-from-home initiative i.e. online internship.This phase mostly involved doctrinal research and shall continue till 29nd May 2020.
The second phase (Phase-II) of the program would commence from the second week of June 2020, i.e. 8th June 2020. This phase would involve doctrinal and empirical study and, psycho-legal activities. In phase-II, we have some research projects that are continuing from phase-I while we also have some new projects that would start afresh.
The research projects to be undertaken during the Niti Manthan Summer School and Online Internship Program, 2020 would be under the following heads:
- Psychology and Mental Health of Legal Professionals
- Prison Reforms
- IT laws, e-fraud and Cyber-Crimes (case study on personal sharing leak)
- Media, Technology and democracy
- Legal literacy project
- Infra accessibility for the Persons with Disability
- Labour Law & Menstrual Health
- Postulating policy and a systematic model for climate change laws in India
- An analysis of FDI Policies of India: insights W.R.T COVID-19
- Legal history and Criminal Procedure
- Research Study on Rights and Duties of Domestic Household and Migrant Workers
- The Madcap – Left-Wing Extremists
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Learning law through Indic Parables
- E- Courts and Behavioural changes
- A regular student of law, psychology, sociology, political science, medicine or IT is eligible to apply.
Looking for internship opportunities, Join Opportunity Cell WhatsApp Group’s here.
How to apply
- Click here to apply online for this internship.
- The deadline to apply is 2nd June 2020.
- The shortlisted candidates would receive a call for interviews.
- Click here for the official website.
- Please feel free to write to us at [email protected], in case of any query.
- WhatsApp only:
- Architi Batra: 9643720882
- Madhav Gawri: 8700568976
- Anshu Sharma: 9953497466
Looking for internship opportunities, Join Opportunity Cell WhatsApp Group’s here