Deadline: April 17, 2020
The Mauritius Research and Innovation Council Call for Proposals for Projects to Counter the Impacts of COVID-19 is now open. This Special Call for Proposals has been launched to encourage entrepreneurs, academics, researchers, enterprises and start-ups implement short and medium term projects that aim at improving and accelerating the Government’s response to the challenges posed by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and eventually contribute to counter the impacts and planning beyond of this deadly pandemic.
Support under this Special Call is being targeted simultaneously on two fronts, namely:
- Technology-based products and services: Example development of products, materials, innovative technologies (including software and apps) and manufacturing/production processes, practical demonstrations, equipment prototypes or the development of a scaling process for the transition from experimental production to large production; and
- Social and policy measures: Example analysing and improving logistics of the response to the outbreak; strategies to improve public awareness, knowledge and trust; new approaches to minimise misinformation, stigma and fear; cultural dimensions of the epidemic; evaluating the feasibility and effectiveness of social policies to contain the outbreak (school closures, lockdown, supply shortages, travel restrictions, etc) and identifying improvements or new policies; social dynamics of transmission and vulnerability and how to improve communication of risks, uncertainties and implications as well as the psychological impacts during and after the lockdown.
- Successful applicants may be awarded a grant of up to MUR 2 Million.
- Companies and research institutions with expertise in a variety of fields: medical equipment and treatment equipment, prophylactic equipment, remote medicine, measurement and control equipment, paper, textile, chemicals manufacture, polymers and plastics industries, etc. can apply;
- NGOs including community-based organisations, the Maker community, academia, companies and entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply, preferably in networked form.
- This Special Call for Proposals applies to applications from Mauritius, Rodrigues and the outer islands within the Republic of Mauritius.
Applications have to be submitted to the MRIC using the application form and in line with the Guidelines.
All applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application Form – SCP COVID19”.
For more information, visit Mauritius Research and Innovation.