Deadline: September 25, 2020
Applications are open for the Marshall Scholarship 2021 for U.S. Citizens. The Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom. Up to fifty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at an UK institution in any field of study.
As future leaders, with a lasting understanding of British society, Marshall Scholars strengthen the enduring relationship between the British and American peoples, their governments and their institutions. Marshall Scholars are talented, independent and wide-ranging, and their time as Scholars enhances their intellectual and personal growth. Their direct engagement with Britain through its best academic programmes contributes to their ultimate personal success.
The scholarship covers
- University fees
- Cost of living expenses
- Annual book grant
- Thesis grant
- Research and daily travel grants
- Fares to and from the United States and, where applicable, a contribution towards the support of a dependent spouse.
- Be citizens of the United States of America (at the time they apply for a scholarship);
- (By the time they take up their scholarship ie September 2021) hold their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States;
- Have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 on their undergraduate degree at the time of application (if the last grades the applicant received were Fall 2019 this GPA will be used). They do not accept rounded GPA’s.
- Have graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2018.
- Not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University or GCSE or A Levels taken at school in the UK.
In appointing Scholars the selectors will look for candidates who have the potential to excel as scholars, as leaders and as contributors to improved UK-US understanding. Assessment will be based on academic merit, leadership potential and ambassadorial potential.
To apply, you must create an account. Please make a note of the e-mail address you have used and your password, as you will need it if you wish to work on your application for more than one session.
For more information, visit Marshall Scholarship.