About the International Cooperative Alliance
The International Cooperative Alliance is an independent, non-governmental organization established in 1895 to unite, represent and serve co-operatives worldwide. The ICA Asia-Pacific (ICA-AP) regional office was established in New Delhi in 1960 to provide a voice and forum for knowledge, expertise and coordinated action for and about cooperatives in the region. The ICA-AP members are national cooperative organizations across 33 countries from all sectors of the economy, including agriculture, industry, services, banking, retail, fisheries, health, housing and insurance.
About the Program
This program will run from March 2016 to May 2021, and be led by the ICA global office, in coordination with the four regional ICA offices for Europe, Africa, Americas, and Asia-Pacific.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Program Officer will support implementation of the partnership program in the Asia Pacific region by enhancing the overall capacity of the team in overseeing the youth entrepreneurship projects, undertaking policy advocacy, developing strategic communications based on research and training outputs; etc. S/he will contribute to the design and development of concept notes, develop programs where members collaborate, and undertake program related activities as assigned.
- Provide technical expertise to mentors and ambassadors of youth entrepreneurship programs to ensure activities meet their intended outcomes, objectives and achieving impact.
- Systematically manage reports and information produced by ICA-AP and its partners with the aim to enhance advocacy and visibility of the partnership program, the cooperative enterprise model and the work of ICA-AP.
- Write and support the project team in thematic papers on topical issues concerning cooperatives in the Asia-Pacific region, engage with staff in collecting and strategically disseminating information on promotion of cooperative enterprise model.
- Collect information, case studies and data that will be relevant to research, advocacy and overall implementation of the partnership program.
- Support and assist in in identifying and approaching appropriate resource persons and the overall coordination of program related activities like seminar, meetings and events;
- Support the production of brochures, info-stories, media statements, articles, etc.
Looking for Job opportunities, Join Opportunity Cell WhatsApp Group’s here.
- University degree in management, social sciences, economics, finances, or similar;
- Around 2-5 years of relevant professional experience in/with innovation hubs, micro and small enterprise development, and with young entrepreneurs, as well as youth skilling and employability programmes preferably in an international setting;
- Experience in providing support to youth from a wide range of backgrounds and with proven ability to facilitate learning in a non-formal environment leading to transformative youth employment and entrepreneurship;
- Experience in designing, implementing and evaluating youth development projects; and developing and using monitoring and evaluation tools and participatory methodologies
- Excellent command over English; attentive to details and able to prioritize work; good IT and communication skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural team; demonstrate commitment to the cooperative values and principles .
Terms and Conditions
- Successful candidate is required to join on 1-June 2020 on a one-year contract which can then be further renewed based on performance.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to apply by submitting a one-page statement of purpose and a detailed CV to [email protected] Please mention in the email subject your name followed by ‘Program Officer’.
- Deadline for applications is the 30th April 2020
- Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Interviews will take place in early May 2020.