Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (IICB) is a biomedical research centre in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Established in 1935 as Indian Institute of Experimental Medicine (IIEM), it was inducted under the aegis of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) in 1956 and renamed to its present form in 1982.
About the Programme
Eligible students pursuing P.G. Courses (M.Sc/M.Pharm/MTech) from any recognized Indian University/College in the relevant area may submit their application to be considered for pursuing their training at CSIR-IICB.
Opportunities are also available for short-term trainee/summer-fellows through the sponsored programme from the government agencies such as Academy Summer Fellow (INSA/IAS), INSPIRE, KVPY etc. In such cases, CSIR-IICB will accept application or recommendation from the concerned sponsored agencies.
- The aim is to let young minds feel the thrill and excitement of science by working on a project requiring application and critical appreciation of scientific principles.
- It also aims at active participation in the learning process through experimentation and putting into practice the knowledge acquired in the classrooms.
- This program provides an opportunity to gain research experience and work closely with a scientist.
- A student must be pursuing postgraduate courses from a recognized University/ Institute /college in the relevant area.
- He/ She must have secured at least 60% marks throughout his/ her academic career (From Secondary exam onwards).
- Training must be essential for the candidate’s course curriculum.
How to Apply?
The application must include:
- BioData and academic records of the student as per application form.
- Recommendation Letter (in original) from the Head of the Institution /University/Department.
- Completed applications along with all necessary documents are required to be sent by post to the address indicated at the end of this notice or may be delivered by hand to the Receiving & Despatch Section, CSIR-IICB, Jadavpur Campus. The envelope containing the required documents is to be superscribed as “SUMMER TRAINING/ DISSERTATION WORK-2020” indicating month & year of the recommended training period.
Address for Application Submission
Dr Sanjay Dutta
Head, Human Resource Group (HRG)
Academic Affairs Division
CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology
4- Raja S.C. Mullick Road
Email: hrgiicb[at]iicb.res.in, sanjaydutta[at]iicb.res.in