Deadline: March 31, 2020
Are you a young Nigerian with the skill to thrive in a growing non profit organisation? Apply for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Manager Position at LEAP Africa.
LEAP Africa is seeking to hire a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Manager to support the organization in conducting world class research, in-depth impact assessment & measurement, and supporting the achievements of the organization’s strategic goals of “Making secondary education work and Developing talents for the SDGs” in Africa.
LEAP Africa is a non profit organization that offers innovative leadership and work readiness interventions for young people, with the primary aim of equipping them to live productively, lead ethically and motivating them to deliver positive change in their communities by either executing community development projects or building sustainable social enterprises.
They are on a strategic journey towards building a world class institution that seeks to be an ecosystem builder, a thought leader in the and development hub for young people.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership and Strategy:
- Report to and work closely with the Executive Director in developing and driving the organizational vision and MERL strategy; translating the strategy into actionable goals towards the growth of the organization.
- Provide leadership for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning ( MERL) unit by driving the development of impact measurement, evaluation frameworks, tools and the definition of key performance indicators to measure organizational effectiveness.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Data Analysis:
- Collaborate with programmes team and other relevant stakeholders in the conceptualization, design and development of impact measurement frameworks, indicators, monitoring plans for projects; Constantly monitor and evaluate learning activities of beneficiaries.
- Design, test and refine data collection and evaluation tools in line with LEAP’s objectives and ensuring quality assurance and control.
- Carry out critical and complex analyses of data including visualization of project data and dashboard designs to display project impact and communicate conclusions clearly with actionable recommendations.
- Collaborate with the programmes team in planning and standardizing needs assessment and monitoring activities across program/projects.
- Lead periodic and final evaluation activities for programmes
- Providing coaching to staff and volunteers on the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Fundraising and Partnerships
- Source and apply for relevant research grants for the organization
- Identify, initiate and manage relationships with relevant and strategic partners towards the achievement of LEAP goals and objectives.
- Research and Writing
- Provide leadership and supervision to ongoing research, evaluation and learning plans, including designs and report documentation.
- Carry out and oversee all writing activities for the organization – working closely with the (communications unit) – white papers, concept notes, research and evaluation reports, policy briefs, info-graphics, peer reviews and articles, editing etc.
- Lead the development of evaluation, impact and research reports and products including policy briefs, info-graphics, articles and Op-eds.
- Ensure the submission of all project reports on time, in-line with stakeholders expectations and appropriate for non – technical audiences.
- Thought Leadership and Advocacy
- Lead and supervise the process of curriculum development, and review as well as conducting the mapping of best practices research for the LEAP’s curriculum and pedagogy.
- Oversee the dissemination of programme findings and lessons learnt, constantly communicating with stakeholders and policy makers on the evidences obtained from the programmes with a goal to mainstream the LEAP curriculum.
- Developing systems-level advocacy materials in line with the organization’s strategic pillars.
- Conceptualize and develop thought leadership materials such as articles, opinion pieces, and contribute to the organisation’s research products.
- Engage in other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the organization and as assigned by your supervisor.
- Applicants should have a Masters Degree in the social sciences or related field. A PhD is an added advantage;
- 5+ years of experience (including a minimum of 3 years leadership and management experience in the social/development industry);
- Experienced in programme design, Impact assessment & measurement, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout;
- Excellent writing and reading skills;
- Highly organized;
- Extensive experience in research design ( both qualitative and quantitative research), management and delivery;
- A high level of integrity.
For more information, visit LEAP Africa.