Deadline: May 19, 2020
Applications are open for the Green Talents Competition 2020. Green Talents invites you as a pioneering scientist to apply with your trailblazing approach! Showcase your research to the broader public, exchange with outstanding experts, and lay the foundation for long-lasting collaborations with German research institutions.
Every year, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) hosts the prestigious Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas. The award, under the patronage of Minister Anja Karliczek, honours young researchers each year.
The Green Talents Competition focuses on outstanding young scientists who are active in the field of sustainable development. The winners come from numerous countries and scientific disciplines and are recognised for their outstanding achievements in making our societies more sustainable.
Are you a young sustainability researcher looking to further develop your innovative ideas? Does your research have the potential to make this earth a better place? Tell them why you should become one of 25 Green Talents this year and take the chance to show how your research is connected to the Sustainable Development Goals in your application. The award is open to all disciplines!
The prestigious Green Talents programme offers you the unique opportunity to become part of an exceptional world-wide network of outstanding young minds and leading German institutions.
- The first part of the prize consists of an invitation to a two-week Science Forum in Germany, where you will be introduced to renowned research facilities and have individual meetings with experts (individual appointments). Here you will learn about potential collaborations and experience the country’s excellent research infrastructure at close hand.
- In addition, a workshop on research and funding opportunities will provide you with further information for your future research stay in Germany.
- The journey will culminate in a festive award ceremony hosted by a high-level representative from the BMBF.
- You will have the opportunity to return to Germany for up to three months to conduct a research stay at an institute of your choice the year after the Science Forum.
BMBF will cover your travel expenses (to/from Germany and during the trip) as well as your meals and accommodation during the Science Forum. Costs for health insurance and visa fees cannot be covered and must be paid by the participants.
They will cover the round trip to Germany and back to your country of residence and also provide a monthly allowance when you return for your research stay the year after the Science Forum. This allowance is intended to support you during your stay and will be sufficient for accommodation, insurance, food and your daily needs. However, it is not intended to support your research.
Applicants must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- Enrolment in a master’s or PhD programme or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary)
The Green Talents Competition focuses on outstanding young scientists, who are active in the field of sustainable development. The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) fosters interdisciplinary approaches in this regard. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) form the framework for this year’s competition and applicants must indicate, which SDGs their research is contributing to. Applicants can, therefore, come from any scientific field closely related to sustainability research.
Please note: Due to the current situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, changes may occur on short notice. They will keep you updated.
For more information, visit Green Talents.