Deadline: May 15, 2020
Applications for the Getty Images Inclusion Scholarships 2020 for Undergraduate and Graduate students are open. The Getty Images Inclusion Scholarships Programme aims to support emerging editorial talent within minority groups and offer aspiring photojournalists the support to pursue education that will enable careers within the industry.
Issues of diversity and inclusion with the photographic and photojournalism industries are a complex, long-standing and industry-wide concern. While Getty Images has worked hard to source content that represents the world in which we live, as well as actively promoting inclusion within the industry through recruitment and their existing Grants programmes, this is an issue that will not be solved overnight.
In partnership with Women Photograph, Creative Access, National Association of Black Journalists, Asian American Journalism Association and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Getty Images is offering five scholarships of US$10K to be put toward pursuing education and in turn, helping address industry inclusion issues at the entry point – awarding today, for a better, more inclusive tomorrow.
- 5 x $10K scholarships are available, in partnership with the following organisations: Women Photograph, Creative Access, National Association of Black Journalists, Asian American Journalism Association and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students attending accredited colleges and universities.
- Applicant must be up to 18 years old
- Applicants may apply as individuals or teams
- Getty Images employees may not apply.
- Contributors to Getty Images who are not employees are eligible.
- By submitting an application, the applicant certifies that he or she is eligible to apply for the grant and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The following application materials are required:
- A resume/CV detailing your academic history, internships, and other relevant experience
- A personal essay demonstrating your commitment to photojournalism
- 15-20 original images that illustrate your work
- Proof of school enrollment and academic performance
- The proposals must be in English and be submitted electronically, meeting the requirements of the partnership organisation.
For more information, visit Getty Images Inclusion Scholarships.