Deadline: April 27, 2020
Applications are open for the EHFG Young Forum Gastein (YFG) Programme 2020. The Young Forum Gastein (YFG) programme was initiated in 2007 to enable promising young health professionals to attend the annual European Health Forum Gastein (EHFG) and become a part of an inspiring network which now includes almost 500 members (Young Gasteiners) working in public and private sectors, civil society, and science and academia.
Participation in the YFG network introduces young experts to the EHFG community and the European public health scene in general – facilitating exchange of knowledge and networking with high-level health policymakers. It also offers a unique opportunity for the Young Gasteiners to actively contribute to the annual EHFG conference as authors of session reports or blog posts, moderators or rapporteurs, and get involved in discussions on the current challenges and developments in health in Europe and beyond.
In the context of the current COVID-19 pandemic, they are planning for the EHFG 2020 to take place in Bad Hofgastein, Austria, from September 30 – October 2 as originally announced, with the YFG programme to begin on September 29. They will of course closely monitor developments, prioritise the safety of all participants and staff by following advice from relevant authorities, and will keep you informed.
- EHFG offers a number of YFG scholarships to attend the 23rd EHFG for professionals from public sector, science & academia and civil society organisations. The scholarship covers the conference registration fee, accommodation expenses, local transportation, meals, and participation in the tailor-made YFG programme 2020.
- Selected participants are responsible for their travel to and from Bad Hofgastein/Salzburg as well as visa arrangements and any other associated costs. Should you consider seeking financial support from your employer, the EHFG will provide you with a letter confirming your acceptance into the programme.
- Open to citizens of one of the countries of the WHO European Region;
- 35 years of age or under on September 29, 2020;
- Proficiency in English (oral and written);
- Hold a Master´s degree in a health-related subject.
By applying for the YFG programme the applicant confirms her/his availability to undertake an active role before and during the conference. This is a pre-condition for being accepted into the programme. Activities may include reporting on the event, contributing to the conference web-blog, conducting interviews, supporting interactive sessions, participation in panel discussions, acting as rapporteur for a session, etc.
Applicants are required to fill in a short Google Forms questionnaire and submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of proficiency in English (i.e. native speaker, OR a formal certificate/qualification demonstrating proficiency in English OR proof of publications or other written work in English OR employer confirmation of your English ability and regular use of English in your day to day work)
- Passport scan
- Letter of Support (a short letter from your manager/supervisor on your organisation´s headed paper confirming that:
- You are working in the field of public health/ health services/ health policy and have at least two years of work experience in this field
- Your manager/supervisor supports your application, and if you are selected your organisation will grant you leave to participate in the entire YFG programme and the EHFG conference from 29 September to 2 October 2020
- If you are employed by the private sector, please also include a letter confirming that your employer has agreed to cover the scholarship costs of € 1,800 if selected.
Send the documents above in electronic format to email@example.com with the subject of ‘First & Last Name_YFG’ of the email by Monday, April 27, 2020.
For more information, visit EHFG Young Forum Gastein Programme.