About DBS Foundation Social Enterprise (SE) Grant
- Since 2014, the DBS Foundation Social Enterprise (SE) Grant has supported more than 100 SEs from Singapore, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, and Taiwan to achieve their goals for a more sustainable world.
- These social enterprises have deployed social innovations across the region in areas such as healthcare, social inclusion, environment protection, waste management, food sustainability, as well as employment and income generation for the marginalised.
- All around the world, SEs are gaining public attention for their contributions to business and social impact – eight DBS Foundation supported SEs were named in 2018 and 2019 Forbes 30 under 30 lists.
- We offer grants between SGD 50,000 and SGD 250,000 to social enterprises who have a product-market fit, demonstrated traction in sales and revenue, clear social impact and are ready to scale up.
Who are we looking for?
We want to support social enterprises in scaling their businesses through improving operational capacity, innovation capabilities, extending geographical reach, and thereby increasing their social impact.
We fund the organisations:
- Have a business product/solution that has been validated in the market, as evidenced by revenue generation and/or traction in client acquisition, with clear plans to scale up business; and
- Be committed to a social mission and have a clear roadmap towards scaling social impact.
We do not fund:
- Specific individual fellowships/stipends and personal expenses, charities or NGOs primarily dependent on donations
- Charities or NGOs primarily dependent on donations
- Religious organisations for religious purposes, election campaigns, general fund-raising drives or event sponsorships
- Submission & Evaluation of Applications: Applications received before Friday,15 May 2020, 2359hrs (Singapore time, GMT+8) will be evaluated in 2020.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome within two months from the date stated above.
- Successful applicants will be awarded the grant by end-2020.
We evaluate grant applications on the following criteria:
- Extent to which the solution is different from the status quo
- Extent to which social enterprise maintains innovation and continuous improvement
- Clarity of social problem, stakeholders/beneficiaries, evidence-based impact metrics
- Robustness of theory of change supported by social enterprise model.
- Established market demand for the social enterprise’s product service offering
- Strength of customer acquisition strategy and revenue model
- Clear financial track record and realistic projections
4.Scalability of business and social impact
- Feasibility of scale-up plans based on identified key growth drivers and milestones
- Operational ability to implement scale-up plans over the next 24 months.
- Founder’s vision and commitment to achieving scale in profits and social impact
- Management team’s experience and ability to achieve the growth targets
Looking for funding opportunities, Join Opportunity Cell WhatsApp Group’s here.
Ask-Me-Anything Online Sessions
- To Apply for the DBS Grant Click Here
- Submissions should be made in English, Chinese or Bahasa Indonesia only. Please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions of the grant and only proceed with the application if you have met the eligibility criteria.
- Each entity may only submit one application. Entities with multiple applications in a single evaluation period will be disqualified.