IIM Kozhikode is organizing the 4th International Conference on Marketing, Technology, and Society from April 13 to 14, 2020.
Though marketing academics and practitioners may not share the implied pessimism, it remains a fact that the forces of marketing play an extremely powerful role in shaping the modern society and some of its impacts are socially undesirable. Also over exposure to marketing communication from a very young age could result in the youth having a distorted perception of life and its values, development of emulative anxieties and insecurities, poor self-evaluation and self-deprecation resulting from upward comparisons with idealized media images, etc.
Keeping this backdrop in mind, IIM Kozhikode, the leading business school in India is organizing the fourth international conference on theme Marketing, Technology, and Society.
Submission of papers both conceptual and empirical consistent with are invited but need not necessarily limited to the conference theme. A few topics listed below are indicative than exhaustive.
- Marketing and its impact on vulnerable consumer groups like children, adolescents, etc.
- Marketing and its impact on marginalized consumer groups
- Consumer materialism
- Emulative Consumer behavior, Anxieties, and insecurities
- Marketing of ideologies and consumers of fanaticism
- Overuse of credit cards and easy credits leading to personal bankruptcies
- Prevalence of eating disorders like anorexia nervosa and bulimia
- Issues of unsolicited marketing campaigns involving SMS, email, personal selling, and privacy of consumers
- Network /pyramidal marketing and exploitation of relationships
- Consumerism, consumer resistance, and consumer reactance
- Social responsibility and ethics in marketing
- Social and public service marketing
- Social media analytics
- Text mining and sentiment mining
- Social Network analysis
- Big data and marketing
- Data-Driven CRM
- Measurement models and methods in marketing
- Marketing through online
Call for Papers
- Authors are invited to submit their extended abstract consist of 1000 words (including selected tables, figures, and major references).
- To submit your papers online, click here.
- All the submitted abstracts will be sent to two experts for review.
- The Programme Committee will receive the reviews and will take a final decision of acceptance/rejection/major revision/minor revision in consultation with the General Chair and the General Chair will announce the decision via email to the corresponding authors.
- Online Submission of Manuscript: January 30, 2020
- Intimation of acceptance: February 20, 2020
- Revised Manuscript: March 1, 2020
- Registration Deadline: Mar 31, 2020