Deadline: April 16, 2020
Applications are open for the Asahi Growing Sustainably Scholarship to attend the One Young Summit 2020. This year, Asahi is proud to have partnered with One Young World to create the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG13.
The Challenge aims to find and support solutions that will contribute to the future of sustainable agriculture by supporting and enabling farmers to reduce their emissions and/or help adaptation and resilience against the climate challenges of this decade and beyond.
In addition to their Lead2030 Challenge, Asahi has created the Growing Sustainably Scholarship. This programme will enable 8 young leaders who are driving innovation in sustainable agriculture to participate in the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich as part of Asahi’s global delegation.
The scholarship provides
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive October, 2020
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner from 14 to 17 October
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Access to bespoke Asahi programming around the businesses participation in the Summit including pre-Summit onboarding calls, an Asahi buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
This scholarship is intended to support young leaders who are:
- Aged 18 – 30
- Have demonstrated leadership capcity.
- Have proven impact the field of sustainable agriculture. This can include work that:
- Improves the climate resilience of crops through sustainable practices.
- Reduces on-farm green-house gas emissions, water or energy use through new technologies.
- Supports farmers in fostering innovation and improving access to information, raising awareness of climate risks and new skills training.
- Addresses the sustainability of the wider supply chain beyond the farm.
For more information, visit One Young World.