Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for July 2020 Session admission to the Master of Arts (M.A.) in Development Studies program offered by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Guwahati.
Regular and Full Time:
- The students under this category pursue M.A. in Development Studies at the Institute on a full-time basis.
- The final admission to the candidates under this category is based on the performance in the written test and/or interview conducted by the concerned academic department/ center, academic credential of the candidates, etc.
Sponsored & Full Time
- The candidates under this category are sponsored (with salary and study leave for 24 months) by a recognized R&D organization, academic institution, governmental organization, NGO, development agency, or industry for doing M.A. in Development Studies at IIT Guwahati.
- They pursue an M.A. in Development Studies program at the Institute on a full-time basis.
- They are NOT entitled to receive any financial assistance from the Institute.
- The candidate under this category must be a regular employee of his/her organization with at least 2 (two) years of experience at the time of admission and be engaged in professional work in the discipline in which admission is sought.
To apply for admission to the M.A. in Development Studies program offered by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, a candidate must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s (10+2+3) degree (Major/ Honours) or equivalent from a recognized University, in any discipline, with a minimum of either 50% marks or 5.0 CPI in a 10-point scale (a minimum of either 45% marks or 4.5 CPI in a 10-point scale for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates) in major/honors only.
- Candidates not having Major/Honours courses must have the concerned degree with a minimum either 50% aggregate marks or 5.0 CPI in a 10-point scale (a minimum of either 45% aggregate marks or 4.5 CPI in a 10-point scale for SC/ ST/ PwD category candidates).
Candidates still appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before 15-07-2020. If selected, such candidates shall be admitted provisionally, and they will have to furnish the results of their qualifying degree examinations latest by 23-08-2020.
The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences will shortlist the candidates and call a limited number of candidates to the selection process (Written Test).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is April 1, 2020, at Midnight 11:59 pm.
At the end of the online application process, each candidate needs to make payment of application (processing) fee online. The applications without successful (online) payment of application fee shall be rejected. The application fee is Rs. 150. for all female, transgender, SC, ST and PwD candidates and Rs. 300 for the rest.
Email ID: [email protected]